My client, with its roots at the highest levels of world motorsport, requires an experienced aero model design engineer to join its team at its high performance testing and development facility in the Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a challenging and fulfilling workplace in a multinational company with a friendly and supportive culture.
As an aero model design engineer, you will be responsible for the design of race car aerodynamic surfaces, wind tunnel model parts and assemblies. Working with the Aerodynamicists, to generate surface models for CFD, wind tunnel testing, extensive model design experience is essential within a motorsport environment.
* Support the wind tunnel model design group, with the design of a wide range of aerodynamic components related to wind tunnel model testing and subsequent real car use
* 3D modelling and detailing of components in CATIA V5 and of 2D drawings for manufacturing, carrying out design modifications
* Check drawings and 3D models to ensure their required quality
Applicants must have:
* A degree in mechanical or automotive engineering
* Relevant design experience of mechanical/aerodynamic components, ideally within a motorsport and/or aerodynamics environment
* Proficiency in catia V5 3D solid and surface modelling, 2D production drawing